Jr. Assembly & Test EngineerCalgary, AB Full-time
Jr. Assembly & Test Engineer
ZeroKey is an up and coming Calgary-based technology company that is developing next generation human-machine interfaces for augmented reality and virtual reality applications.
Interact with AR/VR as if you were actually there. No more buttons, no more controllers. Grasp your reality.
The ZeroKey Glove is a new and innovative head, hand and finger tracking solution. It offers turnkey room-scale positioning and ultra-high accuracy hand & finger interface capability.
Not science fiction. (Any longer.)
Join our team and become a driving force behind the VR revolution!
We are looking for a skilled and motivated individual that shares our team’s passion for virtual reality and bringing great products to market.
As a member of the research and development team you will be responsible for building, testing and debugging prototypes of our room-scale VR technology. A successful candidate will have a good work ethic, soldering experience, familiarity with electronic test equipment and demonstrate a keen desire to develop cutting edge technologies for the exciting world of VR.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Participate within a cross functional team to meet project milestones and timelines
- Assembly, testing and debugging of prototypes
- Work closely with other team members to ensure successful integration of mechanical, electrical and software components
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of fundamental electronics concepts
- Some familiarity with Matlab, Python and C/C++
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with Git and agile software development practices
- Experience with micro-controllers
- Experience soldering and working with surface mount components
- Basic understand of signal processing techniques and concepts