Software Development ManagerCalgary, AB Full-time
Software Developer Manager
ZeroKey is an up and coming Calgary-based technology company that is developing next generation human-machine interfaces for augmented reality and virtual reality applications.
Interact with AR/VR as if you were actually there. No more buttons, no more controllers. Grasp your reality.
The ZeroKey Glove is a new and innovative head, hand and finger tracking solution. It offers turnkey room-scale positioning and ultra-high accuracy hand & finger interface capability.
Not science fiction. (Any longer.)
Join our team and become a driving force behind the VR revolution!
ZeroKey is growing! We are looking for a motivated manager that shares our team’s passion for virtual reality and bringing great products to market.
As the manager of the software development team you will be responsible for interfacing between the project lead, other department managers and the software development team. You will oversee and plan software projects across multiple platforms for our room-scale VR technology. A successful candidate will have deep knowledge of system design, structured programming methods, and agile development strategies.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Plan project timelines, resources and milestones to meet business goals
- Work with project lead and department managers to ensure overall project success
- Implement and adhere to agile development strategies
- Work closely with other team members to ensure successful integration of mechanical, electrical and software components
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree with major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related experience
- Minimum 5 years of related industry experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Hands-on experience managing a team of 5+ developers
- Strong technical knowledge of embedded, desktop and mobile platforms
- Expert ability in Git, C, C++ & Java
- Expert knowledge of structured programming methods
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Prior work experience developing consumer electronics products
- Experience with RTOS and ARM Cortex M embedded systems
- Any experience with VR technology and/or knowledge of VR industry