Software DeveloperCalgary, AB Full-time
ZeroKey is an exciting sensor technology company that is experiencing a trend of rapid growth and success. After significant R&D, we launched our first products in 2018 to overwhelming customer demand. Now, we’ve grown tremendously and are working with some of the world’s largest organizations to rethink how they build factories, how they manage their supply chain, and even how distributed teams work together.
Our proprietary technology, combined with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, is already driving major revolutions across multiple industries and with future applications across hundreds more. Join our team to take part in this highly dynamic and deeply rewarding challenge!
Check out our sensor technology on the Discovery channel as applied to the amazing world of virtual reality: https://youtu.be/dOn7bmpa-H8
We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join our team as a Software Developer. The successful applicant will join a fun and challenging multi-disciplinary group to build incredibly innovative and amazing products. This role will focus on our C/C++/C#/Java code-bases to add new capabilities and improve system performance. Strong development and interpersonal skills are required.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Participate on a cross-functional team to solve challenging development problems
- Develop new software features and capabilities as required
- Complete unit testing, build scripts and CI/CD scripts as required
- Regularly report to management on the progress of tasks
- Work with firmware and system architecture teams to seamlessly integrate system components
- Assume a hands-on role for testing and debugging of related systems and all interfaces between various software components
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience
- Strong background with C/C++/C# and Java
- Experience developing for Windows and Android
- Experience working with Unity is a bonus!
- Familiarity with and willingness to use agile development concepts
- Intermediate-level understand of Git and related concepts
- Experience with CI/CD is a benefit
- Self-motivated and driven to meet long term goals
- Ability to independently manage time to meet project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills