Sr. Algorithm Designer (Signal Processing)Calgary, AB Full-time
Sr. Algorithm Designer
ZeroKey is an exciting sensor technology company that is experiencing a trend of rapid growth and success. After significant R&D, we launched our first products in 2018 to overwhelming customer demand. Now, we’ve grown tremendously and are working with some of the world’s largest organizations to rethink how they build factories, how they manage their supply chain, and even how distributed teams work together.
Our proprietary technology, combined with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, is already driving major revolutions across multiple industries and with future applications across hundreds more. Join our team to take part in this highly dynamic and deeply rewarding challenge!
Check out our sensor technology on the Discovery channel as applied to the amazing world of virtual reality: https://youtu.be/dOn7bmpa-H8
The Sr. Algorithm Designer is responsible for developing new algorithms and methods to power ZeroKey’s next generation of sensor technology. This position is heavily focused on signal processing. The successful candidate will have a deep academic knowledge of concepts related to signal processing, communications, and information theory. Expert knowledge and familiarity with MATLAB are required.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Play a key role on the algorithms and system architecture team to enable new system features and capabilities
- Review and improve existing algorithms to achieve improvements to system performance
- Regularly report to team lead and management throughout all stages of tasks as required
- Advise superiors on the viability and risks of field-related R&D ventures
- Play a hands-on role in testing and debugging of new prototypes as required
- Interface with software/firmware teams to facilitate implementation of “black box” functions and concepts
- On occasion, mentor junior staff on signal processing related problems
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- PhD in related field
- Minimum 5 years of related industry experience
- Expert-level competency with MATLAB
- At least know what Git is, better if you have used it before
- Ability to independently manage time to meet project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills