Geomatics Research AssistantCalgary, AB Full-time
Geomatics Research Assistant
ZeroKey is an exciting sensor technology company that is experiencing a trend of rapid growth and success. After significant R&D, we launched our first products in 2018 to overwhelming customer demand. Now, we’ve grown tremendously and are working with some of the world’s largest organizations to rethink how they build factories, how they manage their supply chain, and even how distributed teams work together.
Our proprietary technology, combined with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, is already driving major revolutions across multiple industries and with future applications across hundreds more. Join our team to take part in this highly dynamic and deeply rewarding challenge!
Check out our sensor technology on the Discovery channel as applied to the amazing world of virtual reality: https://youtu.be/dOn7bmpa-H8
The Geomatics Research Assistant is responsible for assisting the algorithms design team in the refinement, testing, and reporting on new algorithms. This role will require a hands-on approach to testing and is well suited to candidates that find themselves at home both in the lab and at the desk. The successful candidate will have strong academic knowledge of concepts related to geomatics, signal processing, embedded systems, and communications. Very strong knowledge and familiarity with MATLAB are required.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Play an integral role on the algorithms and system architecture team to support algorithm designers and improve team efficiency as needed
- Diligently carry out highly sensitive tests and create reports for team members and managers
- Play a hands-on role in testing and debugging of new prototypes as required
- Interface with software/firmware teams to facilitate implementation new algorithms
- Support the algorithms and system architecture team on a variety of tasks as needed
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- BSc in related field
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced-level competency with MATLAB
- Familiarity with Git is a major bonus!
- Strong desire for hands-on work in the lab
- Ability to independently manage time to meet project deadlines
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Excellent overall written and verbal communication skills