Positioning Algorithm DesignerCalgary, AB Full-time
Sr. Geomatics Engineer/Positioning Algorithm Designer
ZeroKey is an up and coming Calgary-based technology company that is developing next generation human-machine interfaces for augmented reality and virtual reality applications.
Interact with AR/VR as if you were actually there. No more buttons, no more controllers. Grasp your reality.
The ZeroKey Glove is a new and innovative head, hand and finger tracking solution. It offers turnkey room-scale positioning and ultra-high accuracy hand & finger interface capability.
Not science fiction. (Any longer.)
Join our team and become a driving force behind the VR revolution!
We are looking for a skilled and motivated engineer that shares our team’s passion for virtual reality and bringing great products to market.
As a key member of the research and development team you will be responsible for improving and developing new positioning algorithms for our room-scale VR positioning technology. A successful candidate will have deep knowledge of sensor fusion techniques, precise positioning methods, and demonstrate a keen desire to develop cutting edge technologies for the exciting world of VR.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Participate within a cross functional team to meet project milestones and timelines
- Design and improve sensor fusion and positioning algorithms
- Assist in testing and debugging of prototypes
- Work closely with other team members to ensure successful integration of mechanical, electrical and software components
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Geomatics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience
- Hands-on experience developing sensor fusion algorithms for INS based systems
- Strong theoretical understanding of estimation, filtering and digital signal processing
- Expert ability in Matlab
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Strong understanding of software development concepts with experience in C/C++
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Graduate degree
- GNSS experience
- Experience with Git, Visual Studio and agile software development strategies
- Experience with RTOS and ARM Cortex M embedded systems