At ZeroKey we have one mission; to drive optimization through digital transformation.
Our world is inherently analog, rendering most “things” invisible to the digital domain. ZeroKey is changing that, one factory, warehouse, and facility at a time.
Through our patented and breakthrough IIoT localization technology, Smart Space, ZeroKey is digitizing things that have never been digitized before. By localizing objects to millimetre-level accuracy in 3D space, we’re giving digital presence to real-world processes and driving a paradigm shift to reimagine traditional workflow processes from the ground up.
Smart Space, is the world’s only wide-area, millimetre-level positioning technology and is driving digital transformation in factories, warehouses and industrial environments around the world including at six of the top 10 major automotive OEMs.
The Director of Software Engineering is responsible for leading and directing the software and firmware development teams and interfacing with each team lead to achieve the technical objectives of the company. The successful applicant will have a very strong technical background with exceptional organizational, project planning and interpersonal skills.
This position will directly oversee two development teams covering desktop software and firmware development. Prior experience on a cross‐functional product team is essential.
As Director of Software Engineering, this position will report directly to the CTO to advise and plan development activities at the company. The successful applicant will be comfortable articulating the technical direction of the company to employees and other managers.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Take a hands-on approach to managing the software development teams to ensure successful completion of project objectives
- Implement agile processes and delivery schedules to meet team performance metrics
- Work with project managers, clients, and other stakeholders to determine feature roadmaps
- Coordinate between team leaders and management to plan projects and meet client requirements
- Prepare project budgets, timelines, milestones and technical descriptions
- Report to management and/or the Board of Directors as may be required on the status of projects
- Act as a role model for employees to instill company values and culture
- Work with algorithms and system architecture teams to implement “black box” software components
- Assume a facilitator role for testing and debugging of related systems and all interfaces between firmware, software, and other product components
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- Minimum 7 years of related industry experience
- Strong background with C#, and .NET technologies
- Framiliarity with C/C++ and embedded systems development
- Familiarity with using agile development concepts
- Advanced knowledge of modern development productivity tools, including Git, GitLab, and Slack
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and workflows
- Self-motivated and driven to meet long term goals
- Ability to independently manage time to meet project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- $100,000.00-$145,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- We have several COVID mitigations and policies in place during the pandemic, including mandatory mask use in office common areas and work from home arrangements for COVID-related reasons.
- .NET: 3 years (Preferred)
- Computer Programming: 7 years (Preferred)
- management: 3 years (Required)
- C#: 3 years (Required)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Back to Careers Page