At ZeroKey we have one mission; to drive optimization through digital transformation.
Our world is inherently analog, rendering most “things” invisible to the digital domain. ZeroKey is changing that, one factory, warehouse, and facility at a time.
Through our patented and breakthrough IIoT localization technology, Smart Space, ZeroKey is digitizing things that have never been digitized before. By localizing objects to millimetre-level accuracy in 3D space, we’re giving digital presence to real-world processes and driving a paradigm shift to reimagine traditional workflow processes from the ground up.
Smart Space, is the world’s only wide-area, millimetre-level positioning technology and is driving digital transformation in factories, warehouses and industrial environments around the world including at six of the top 10 major automotive OEMs.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will play a key role in the development of exciting new products harnessing ZeroKey’s Smart Space technology. As a member of our engineering team you will collaborate with colleagues to create attractive and sleek designs to meet technical requirements while maintaining the careful balance of design manufacturability necessary for mass production and commercial feasibility.
The Mechanical Design Engineer should have great attention to detail and be passionate about harnessing a variety of aesthetic design techniques to maximize form, function, and finish. The Mechanical Design Engineer will interface with a multidisciplinary engineering team to ensure a cohesive end-product that meets stringent product specifications.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members to create design concepts, sketches, and proposals for new product variants and product lines.
- Sheppard mechanical designs through the complete product life cycle, from concept through to mass production.
- Provide Design for Manufacturing (DFM) support to team members throughout the design process.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure part tolerances, manufacturability of mass-produced products, and seamless execution of manufacturing processes.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses on manufacturing and design related topics.
- Participate as needed in project presentations to executive staff and investors.
- Work with manufacturing partners to meet project requirements and deadlines.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of similar work experience.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency with SolidWorks
- Previous experience designing plastic parts from concept to mass production
- Knowledge of FEA simulation software tools
- Experience with rapid prototyping processes and standard manufacturing methods
- Proficiency with standard office environment software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Eligibility and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workloads.
- Prior experience bringing new products to market.
- Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
- Experience functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
- Experience prioritizing work to complete multiple tasks at a time
Beneficial To Have Skills
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Experience with rapid prototyping and machining processes (FDM 3D printers, CNC cutters, Waterjet, EDM, etc.)
- Proficiency with basic hand and power tools
- Hands-on approach to designing and prototyping
Back to Careers Page