At ZeroKey we have one mission; to drive optimization through digital transformation.
Our world is inherently analog, rendering most “things” invisible to the digital domain. ZeroKey is changing that, one factory, warehouse, and facility at a time.
Through our patented and breakthrough IIoT localization technology, Smart Space, ZeroKey is digitizing things that have never been digitized before. By localizing objects to millimetre-level accuracy in 3D space, we’re giving digital presence to real-world processes and driving a paradigm shift to reimagine traditional workflow processes from the ground up.
Smart Space, is the world’s only wide-area, millimetre-level positioning technology and is driving digital transformation in factories, warehouses and industrial environments around the world including at six of the top 10 major automotive OEMs.
As a Research and Design Intern, you will play an influential role within our R&D team and work to shape the future of key underlying principles that power ZeroKey’s breakthrough Smart Space technology. The successful applicant will have a strong aptitude for problem solving, team-oriented development, and broad technical expertise.
Mentored and supervised by the senior members, the Research and Design Intern role spans a variety functions, supporting applied research and design objectives including algorithm modeling, hardware programming, automated test design, and test implementation. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, possess strong technical implementation qualities and demonstrate a willingness to work with team members of all experience levels to efficiently achieve project milestones.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Support senior engineers in developing and executing deliverables, including research model design assistance, test planning and implementation
- Deliver high-quality test reports for internal and external distribution
- Develop test scripts for manual and automated tests
- Analyze and review test data for trends
- Work with numerical problems typically found in scientific computing applications and machine learning
- Work with key technical specialists across ZeroKey to improve applications, libraries, and tools
- Deliver high-quality code and documentation following standard methodologies for evolving software development
- Benchmark, profile and optimize code to improve efficiency
- Work within project deadlines, be flexible, and produce high quality work
- Participate in integrated project team activities involving representatives from R&D, H/W engineering, F/W development, and customer support teams
- Effectively communicate progress and problems to management and other departments.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3 years of education in an Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Geomatics BSc program
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in at least two of the following fields (extracurricular activities in stated fields with demonstrable outcomes may be acceptable):
- signal processing
- linear algebra
- optimization (e.g. least squares)
- machine learning
- Solid programming experience in C/C++, Python & Matlab or equivalents
- Familiarity with networked devices and programmable devices involving the updating of firmware
- Knowledge of best practices in software development, including testing, profiling, debugging, documentation, and version control systems like git
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Critical and pragmatic thinking
- Self-motivated, independent learner
- Comfortable participating in team environments
- A collaborative, ego-free approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Discounted/free food
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
Back to Careers Page